Friday, September 4, 2009

Wet Matches

I was a mole oblivious to
The sky’s deep azure blue
(I was stuck) in dark shadows
My soul was in zig-zag flows
Now people I care about think I’m rude

What was going on in my head?
Consequences of the bed
(I’ve realized) are real and deep
They bite me in my sleep
Reproaches I now dread

Lord I’m trying to
Fasten the hatches
Latch the latches
Secure myself
And pray the scars get patches

Lordy, I’m hoping
Friendship rehatches
Trust can build in batches
Look eye to eye
And not feel like wet matches

After all the situations I misread
Many bros want to tear off my head
(I need to) open my eyes
And see the humanity lights
Or be a single living dead

My behavior was like mothballs
Smelled bad and lasted far too long
(It’s time to) open drawers
And numerous doors
And stop being a hallowed out gourd

CHORUS

It’ll take time I know
I’ve got the time, ya know
I’ll use the time to show
I’m a real dude with empathy and gold

CHORUS



This is my most personal song to date...in the sense of personal criticism. I have been a bad boy in my past, and rectifying certain things is important to me. At any rate, lyrically, it was a major step for me to try to write about something deep within me. It was very therapeutic and cathartic.

4 comments:

J said...

I am checking if comments work


いい天気になり。。。

Anonymous said...

ok ok....you write 'em. i'l sing 'em. i love this one.....becs

Anonymous said...

care if i reamake these songs a bit. at least see what i can do with them.. if they are any good i will let you know.

J said...

becca....awesome possum

I welcome it with big open arms!

 
design by suckmylolly.com