Friday, September 4, 2009

You're Getting Away From Me

Oh, you’re getting away from me
The strings are stretching so thin for me
You’re 405 furlongs from town
You’re 504 fathoms down

You might still in my dreams when I sleep
But my memory is getting hazy
Oh, you’re getting away from me
Oh, you’re getting away from me

Oh, you’re set deep in my history
Like my old black and white TV
Playing some River Raid
On my beat-up Atari
Oh, you’re getting away from me

Even if I saw your photo
I’d double take
Brain synapse earthquake
Kind of like knowing an elbow
I forgot your face
Oh, you’re getting away from me

Oh, you’re getting away from me
The strings are stretching so thin for me
You’re 405 furlongs from town
You’re 504 fathoms down
Oh, you’re getting away from me


This is my sparsest song to date. There is a lot of air in it when I play it. I went with simplicity; a good step. A few chords with some words... It is hard to not add unnecessary bits, though! Not sure about the river raid lyric, but I really like it...it feels like something I would write.

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com