It has been a blissfully warm week in Vermont. Uncharacteristically, it rose well into the 90 degrees Fahrenheit zone a few days. Yesterday and today were well into that lovely zone. I sat on the porch in a positive frame of mind, tanning my winter-white skin, wearing my cool shades, strumming my sun-bleached guitar making this song.
What's more important
The melodies or the words
Just put them together and be sweet
What's more important
The birds or the bees
Just put them together and be sweet
What's more important
The peaces or the wars
Just put them together and be sweet
What's more important
The goods or the bads
Just put them together and be sweet
You never know what you're gonna get
The world will always burp and spit
Just gotta live your life with
Lotsa love and some sweetness
Who's more important
The proles or the kings
Just put them together and be sweet
Who's more important
The girls or the boys
Just put them together and be sweet
Who's more important
The kids or the 'rents
Just put them together and be sweet
Who's more important
The yous or the mes
Just put them together and be sweet
instrumental bridge
When's more important
The dusks or the dawns
Just put them together and be sweet
When's more important
The springs or the falls
Just put them together and be sweet
When's more important
The posts or the pres
Just put them together and be sweet
When's more important
The nows or the laters
Just put them together and be sweet
You never know what you're gonna get
The world will always burp and spit
Just gotta live your life with
Lotsa love and some sweetness
Lotsa love and some sweetness
Lotsa love and some sweetness
Essentially, I want to convey that despite all the crap in the world, you have to still be a good human being. You have to try to feel empathy, give lotsa love and go ahead and show some sweetness. I have had a long road trying to open up enough that people can see these traits in me. I tend to feel self-conscious when I do good things, but I am smart enough to forget about that. When it is sunny outside, when the Fahrenheit and Celsius are stratospheric, and I am on a deck with no shirt on, I feel very un-self-conscious about feeling good, and wanting others to feel good with me. Plus, all the things in the world that are worrisome become very insignificant. If I can, I would like to carry this kind of feeling along with me everywhere I go.
First note: I didn't worry about rhymeing much with this song. It was a sunny day inspiration and it just came out. However, the melody keeps it together. Its a somewhat serious melody in the verses but in the chorus it breaks into a really cool folky, happy melody. I always like singing my new songs, but I REALLY like singing this song. Though, I am sure once the newness wears out, I will wonder why I ever liked singing it as much as I did.
Second note: Being only two days old, there is a 98% chance that I will change this song in various ways. For instance, originally I changed keys in the song. I had the verses in the key of D and the choruses in the key of G. But I soon realized that was stupid. I am not confident enough to do that and think that I can get away with it. I need more seasoning. All songs go through steps, and this one isn't near to the end of the staircase.
The melodies or the words
Just put them together and be sweet
What's more important
The birds or the bees
Just put them together and be sweet
What's more important
The peaces or the wars
Just put them together and be sweet
What's more important
The goods or the bads
Just put them together and be sweet
You never know what you're gonna get
The world will always burp and spit
Just gotta live your life with
Lotsa love and some sweetness
Who's more important
The proles or the kings
Just put them together and be sweet
Who's more important
The girls or the boys
Just put them together and be sweet
Who's more important
The kids or the 'rents
Just put them together and be sweet
Who's more important
The yous or the mes
Just put them together and be sweet
instrumental bridge
When's more important
The dusks or the dawns
Just put them together and be sweet
When's more important
The springs or the falls
Just put them together and be sweet
When's more important
The posts or the pres
Just put them together and be sweet
When's more important
The nows or the laters
Just put them together and be sweet
You never know what you're gonna get
The world will always burp and spit
Just gotta live your life with
Lotsa love and some sweetness
Lotsa love and some sweetness
Lotsa love and some sweetness
Essentially, I want to convey that despite all the crap in the world, you have to still be a good human being. You have to try to feel empathy, give lotsa love and go ahead and show some sweetness. I have had a long road trying to open up enough that people can see these traits in me. I tend to feel self-conscious when I do good things, but I am smart enough to forget about that. When it is sunny outside, when the Fahrenheit and Celsius are stratospheric, and I am on a deck with no shirt on, I feel very un-self-conscious about feeling good, and wanting others to feel good with me. Plus, all the things in the world that are worrisome become very insignificant. If I can, I would like to carry this kind of feeling along with me everywhere I go.
First note: I didn't worry about rhymeing much with this song. It was a sunny day inspiration and it just came out. However, the melody keeps it together. Its a somewhat serious melody in the verses but in the chorus it breaks into a really cool folky, happy melody. I always like singing my new songs, but I REALLY like singing this song. Though, I am sure once the newness wears out, I will wonder why I ever liked singing it as much as I did.
Second note: Being only two days old, there is a 98% chance that I will change this song in various ways. For instance, originally I changed keys in the song. I had the verses in the key of D and the choruses in the key of G. But I soon realized that was stupid. I am not confident enough to do that and think that I can get away with it. I need more seasoning. All songs go through steps, and this one isn't near to the end of the staircase.

2 comments:
I love it and I think what you're doing is great! :)
Thank you so much!!!
Post a Comment